Project technical team
Chair: Ian Edwards
The remit of the Project Technical Team (PTT) is to oversee the development of the OpenCDMS software. The chair of the PTT is expected to take on the role of Product Owner. This includes managing the project backlog.
The PTT does not necessarily have the resources to undertake all of the necessary software implementation, but the team is expected to develop prototypes and demonstrations and to keep the development moving forwards. In line with the OpenWIS Association AISBL, during times when development resource is limited, the team will follow the Kanban agile process.
At times when additional dedicated team(s) are available to work continuously on the software then the main development will follow the scrum agile process with code development sprints.
- Manage the agile development process including owning the product backlog
- Requirements management
- Technical design and architecture
- OpenCDMS software architecture (December 2020)
- Coordination of development work including application of project management elements (continuous communication, reporting, documentation, risk assessment)
- Guide contributors in the use of collaboration tools (Git source control software, GitHub) and agile software engineering practices